The full day of professional development and training will give farmers the skills, confidence and inspiration to connect future generations with farming and where their food comes from. It will bring together LEAF Education members, other farmers and our team of LEAF Regional Education Consultants to share experiences and best practice, highlight successes and map out opportunities linked to the curriculum and exam specifications.
During the day, you will be able to attend four of the following sessions which need to be pre-booked:
- Future farming careers workshop – a collaborative project between LEAF and NFYFC, enabling learners to develop critical thinking and learn about aspects of agricultural, food and retail careers.
- Livestock: selective breeding & animal welfare – easy-to-understand activity ideas linked to Curriculum and GCSE Exam Specification
- A day on an arable farm – exploring ways to make an arable farm visit interesting and interactive – you don’t need livestock to host a visit!
- The importance of soils – help teenagers get down and dirty on your farm to understand this vital resource
- Practical science on the farm – how to bring the Key Stage 3 & 4 science curriculum to life with practical activities on the farm and demonstrations
- Hedgerows, margins & biodiversity – learn with a science teacher how hedgerows and field margins can be used to deliver the science curriculum for Key Stage 3 & 4
- Farm walk: chill out & connect with nature – how to use your site to enhance young people’s awareness of the environment, with art and sensory activities designed to be inclusive
- Linking food & farming to the business curriculum – led by a business studies teacher, find out how to help students understand the farm business and use it as a case study throughout the course
- Farm tour – tractor and trailer ride tour of Beeswax Dyson Farming – Mayfield Farm, led by farm manager Ed Hall
At 4:30pm, we hope you will stay and join us for a BBQ providing a lovely opportunity to meet your LEAF Regional Education Consultant, network with other delegates and share education stories.
When you have chosen the four sessions you would like to attend, please book your place/s here.
Please reserve your place before 23rd September 2019.
We look forward to seeing you for what promises to be an informative, engaging and fun-filled event!