In June 2019 (3rd – 15th) LEAF Education will launch the UK’s first Farming Fortnight.
Primary and secondary schools will be encouraged to have a fortnight focus on British Farming and Food Production. The fortnight is being developed by LEAF Education and Brockhill Park School, following the teenager research developed during 2018.
The topics covered during Farming Fortnight and the # for social media devised by the students at Brockhill are:
· Introduction to the British Countryside and food production #MarketMonday
· Arable - wheat and oats #TractorTuesday
· Sheep #WoolyWednesday
· Pigs #Oink
· Chickens (poultry) #FeatheredFriday
· Cows – beef and dairy #MooingMonday
· Fruit and Vegetable production #TastyTuesday
· Woodland #WellyWednesday
· Jobs/careers #FutureFarming
· Programme summary to recap on what has been learnt #FarmingFriday
We are designing a Countryside Classroom webpage with all of the resources available to download for all to use during the fortnight. These include short videos from young people who can share information with their peers. We would ask that anything on social media uses the correct # for the day plus #FarmingFortnight.
Farmers – please let your school contacts know and tweet during the fortnight.
Please spread the word and we hope you’ll support us for Farming Fortnight!